How to Connect Using a Desktop Shortcut
Save time by connecting directly to a computer using a secure shortcut on a client computer.
- Create a LogMeIn desktop shortcut on the client computer, as follows:
Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Go to www.LogMeIn.com and log in to your account using your LogMeIn ID (email address) and password.
- Go to .
- Use the newly created shortcut to connect to the host:
Your session begins upon successful authentication.
- Double-click the shortcut on the client desktop. You do not need to log in to your LogMeIn account.
- Log on to the host using the appropriate authentication method.
Tip: For maximum security, you should not use a LogMeIn desktop shortcut on a public or shared computer.