How to Connect Using a Desktop Shortcut
Save time by connecting directly to a computer using a secure shortcut on a client computer.
- Create a desktop shortcut on the client computer, as follows:
- Go to www.LogMeIn.com and log in to your account using your LogMeIn ID (email address) and password.
- Go to .
Result: Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Use the newly created shortcut to connect to the host:
- Double-click the shortcut on the client desktop. You do not need to log in to your account.
- Log on to the host using the appropriate authentication method.
Result: Your session begins upon successful authentication.
Why isn't the desktop shortcut connecting me to my computer?
Confirm that the host computer is online by logging in to the LogMeIn.com website and checking your list of computers on the Home page.