How much bandwidth is required to use Pro?
Remote control performance depends on several factors, such as screen resolution, color depth, type of activity, available bandwidth and latency.
- For connecting and doing non-remote control work, any always-on internet connection is sufficient.
- For remote control, we require 1.5 Mbit/s (192 Kbyte/s) or higher connection speed on each end, as per FCC guidelines for video streaming. For optimal experience in Full HD resolution, a 2 Mbit/s (256 Kbyte/s) connection is recommended.
The following values are valid for light office work in Full HD resolution (1920x1080 pixels), using a single monitor.
- Media streaming, drag and drop file copy and remote printing of large documents require additional bandwidth to retain remote control quality.
- Higher latency (above 40ms) reduces the responsiveness of the session regardless of connection speed. Mobile and microwave generally feature higher round-trip times compared to wired and WiFi connections.
- Actual bandwidth usage may be lower than indicated, depending on your activity.