How do I prevent being disconnected when another person tries to log in to my computer?
When you are controlling your host computer, you may be disconnected if another person tries to log in to that same computer remotely.
To prevent being disconnected when this happens, you must create a Host Preference package:
You must have a Pro Base subscription and the LogMeIn Control Panel must be installed on the host computer.
- In Pro, go to the page.
- Click on the name of the Host Preference Package that you want to change.
- Select the Advanced from the Category drop-down menu.
- In the Remote Control section, select the Disconnect existing remote control session from the same user option.
- Click Save at the bottom of the page.
- Add the host computer to the newly created Host Preference package.
What to do next:
Note: This option only prevents the disconnection if both users are trying to log into the computer with the same Windows logon information or Access Code.
Article last updated: 27 September, 2022