How can I resolve an error: The address is not valid in its context (10049)?
The following error code: "The address is not valid in its context (10049)" is an indication that the computer could not resolve the address (ex. LogMeIn.com) to the proper IP address. There are two reasons why this could happen.
Problems with your DNS resolving our IP Address
- Open a Run box. (Press the Windows key and the R key at the same time).
- In the Run box, type cmd and click OK.
- In the command prompt, type ipconfig /flushdns and press the Enter key.
Problem with proxy
You may get this error in conjunction with accessing the Internet via a proxy server, please ensure the address is valid in.
- If you do not have, or are unaware of, a proxy server, please ensure that the only box checked off is Automatically Detect Settings, and that the proxy information within the host is removed.
- If you do use a proxy, the address and port info should be correct in IE, and match in the host. To check the proxy settings in the host, please click the host tray icon and select LogMeIn Control Panel. When the window opens, click . Scroll down to the Proxy Settings and confirm the proxy server address & port.
In most cases, this should resolve the issue. If not, you will likely need to involve the person that maintains your network, or your ISP if applicable, to fix the issue with your DNS not being able to resolve our service IP addresses.