How can I prevent my remote control session from disconnecting?
During a remote control session, you may lose connection to the host computer.
Resolution 1 - Check connectivity
Confirm that your network or Internet connectivity is functioning properly on both sides of the connection (client and host).
Resolution 2 - Internet Explorer: Reinstall the host Active X plugin
If you experience problems while using Internet Explorer on the client computer, you can try re-installing the host Active X plugin. Remember to confirm your connectivity before doing this!
This covers removing and re-installing the host plugin in IE11. The procedure for other versions of IE is similar. See browser help for details.
- Open Internet Explorer and click the .
- Under Add-on Types, click .
- Locate the Performance Viewer ActiveX control and double-click it.
- Click Remove.
- Restart all instances of Internet Explorer.
- Connect to a host computer and download the host plugin when prompted.