About the Control Panel
The Control Panel is your launch pad to host-side (local) functionality.
While this software is mainly about making connections to remote computers running Host software, it also offers so-called "local" services directly from a host. That is, certain features are accessed directly from a computer running the host software. The main local host features are File Sharing and Desktop Sharing.
What can you do with the Control Panel
- Disable the service on the host (so no one will be able to access your computer remotely)
- View information about connections made to your computer
- Change the subscription used by your computer
- Check for software updates
- Customize and control your experience by setting Preferences
- Use Desktop Sharing...
- When you are sitting at a computer that is running Pro
- When you want someone to see your desktop (for example, so you can show how to do something)
- When you want someone to be able to control your desktop (for example, to help you solve a problem with your computer)
- Use File Sharing...
- When the file you want to share is too large for email
- When you want to control how many people will be able to download your file
- When you want a file to be available for a specific period of time
- When you want to be able to see if the file has been downloaded
- When you want to be able to revoke the file share
Article last updated: 27 September, 2022