How do I manually enable a printer?
The GoToMyPC printer uses a universal print driver that works with most printers but in some circumstances, you must manually install the manufacturer's specific print drivers.
Task 1 - Installing the client's printer driver onto the host computer
- On your client computer, open Printers & scanners by pressing the windows key and go to .
- Select the printer you want to manually enable and click Hardware Properties.
- Under General and Events, note the name of your printer driver.
- Connect to your host computer and go to the manufacturer's website of the printer driver.
- On the host computer, download the printer drivers associated with your printer. Make sure that the download matches (or closely matches) the existing printer driver at your client computer. If prompted, select the host's operating system.
Task 2 - Add the client printer to your host's recognized devices
- In your host computer's system tray, right-click the GoToMyPC icon and click Preferences.
- In the Printing tab, click Add Printer to launch the wizard.
- Click Add a local printer.
- Under "Use an existing port", click GoToMyPC Port then Next.
- Select the manufacturer and model of your printer at your client computer. The printer driver you downloaded may not come with installed software. If so, locate the setup file that is needed to complete the installation. Click Have Disk and locate the downloaded driver folders.
- If the printer you selected already has a driver installed, you can take the following actions:
Note: If a driver is not installed, you must enter the driver name manually.
- Use the driver that is currently installed (Recommended).
- Replace the current driver.
- Under Printer Sharing, click Do not share this printer.
- The printer driver has been successfully installed! Print a test page or set the GoToMyPC printer as your default printer.