How do I install a host computer on Mac?
When you add a new host computer to your account, you will install the GoToMyPC desktop application onto the computer.
- Log in at https://GoToMyPC.com from the computer you wish to install GoToMyPC on.
- At the bottom of the My Computer page, select + Add This Computer .
- Click the Install GoToMyPC button.
- The download will begin. Once the download is complete, the Install GoToMyPC window will launch. Read through the Introduction, Destination Select (choosing which users on your computer will have access to GoToMyPC) and Installation Type screens. Then select Continue > Install.
- Once you select Install, you will be prompted to enter your computer log in credentials. Enter your username and password and then select Install Software.
- You're almost there! You will be redirected to the GoToMyPC Registration window. To finish installing GoToMyPC, you will need to enter your account information (email address and account password), nickname for the new computer and a new access code. Select Continue once you've entered your information.
Note: Access codes must be at least 8 characters long and must include letters and numbers.
- You will see a "The installation was successful" message, which means you're done! Once you Close the Install GoToMyPC window, a GoToMyPC Menu Bar Icon notification will appear on the top right of your screen and a new GoToMyPC browser tab will launch with a "Welcome" message.
Article last updated: 17 October, 2022