End a Support Session
The representative and/or the customer can end a support session at any time.
Please note that the representative's settings may be configured to lock the customer's workstation automatically at the end of a support session, regardless of who closes the session. If you are a company manager or the primary contact for your GoToAssist Corporate account, you can make the request to enable the ability to lock the customer's workstation at session end. Please get in touch with our Customer Care team by selecting Contact Support on this article.
End a session (representative)
- Click Session in the menu.
- Select one of the following options:
- Leave Session - Leave only that session; if other representatives remain in session, the customer will remain connected.
- Close Session - End only that session; the session will completely end and the customer will be disconnected, even if other representatives were in the session.
- Exit All Sessions - Completely end all sessions and disconnect all customers.
- When a session ends, you may be prompted with an "End of session" message that asks for additional information (depending on your account configuration). You can enter any notes as desired (e.g., ticket number, customer ID), then select one of the following "session outcomes" before clicking Submit:
- Resolved session - You feel that you were able to solve the customer's issue.
- Unresolved session - You do not feel that you were able to solve the customer's issue.
- Unknown - You are not sure whether or not you were able to assist the customer.
End a session (customer)
- Customers can go to or click the Close button in the top-right of the Chat box .
- Screen sharing will pause and a "Confirm Exit" message will appear. Customers can click Yes to exit, or No to resume screen sharing.
Note: Depending on the representative's account settings, the customer's workstation may lock upon session end.