Hamachi System Requirements
Here are the software requirements for using Hamachi
Important: A LogMeIn ID is required to attach Hamachi clients to networks. For details, see How to Sign up for a LogMeIn ID.
Hamachi has been tested with the following operating systems:
- Windows 7 (All versions), Server 2008 r2 (All versions)
- Windows 8, 8.1 (Desktop UI only)
- Windows 10
- Windows 11 (version 21H2)
- Windows Server 2012 (All versions)
- Windows Server 2016 (All versions)
- Windows Server 2019 (All versions)
- Mac OS 10.6 (Snow Leopard) or newer on Intel-based Macs
Note: Hamachi is not yet supported on macOS Big Sur, macOS Monterey, and macOS Ventura.
- Linux distributions:
- Ubuntu 16.04 LTS or newer LTS
- CentOS 7.2 or newer
- Android 11 or earlier
Important: Make sure you are using up to date, officially supported third-party technology together with GoTo products. Central is designed for use with third-party products and services (browser, OS, etc.) that are officially supported by their respective vendors and well-maintained by the end-user (latest patches and updates installed).
Note: Windows RT is not supported.
Gateway Node functionality is not available on the following platforms due to limitations within the operating systems themselves:
- Mac OS
- Windows Small Business Server editions
- Any operating system deployed on Microsoft Azure
With a paid subscription, you can run Hamachi in the background as a Windows service. For a powered-on computer, this means that you do not have to sign in to Windows to make your unattended device accessible (show online) in a Hamachi network.
Article last updated: 15 December, 2022