Why does LogMeIn charge sales tax?
LogMeIn charges sales tax and VAT in accordance with local tax laws within the United States and globally.
In the United States
In accordance with local tax laws, LogMeIn must charge sales tax to customers located in the following states:
- Maine (RemotelyAnywhere & Network Console only)
- New Mexico
- New York
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- Washington D.C
Outside the United States
LogMeIn must charge VAT to EU customers without a valid VAT number. Exceptions: In the UK and Ireland, LogMeIn is obligated to charge tax to all customers, in accordance with local tax laws.
- LogMeIn must charge tax to Indian customers without a valid Service Tax number, in accordance with local tax laws.
- LogMeIn must charge Consumption Tax to customers from Japan, in accordance with local tax laws.
- South Africa
- LogMeIn must charge tax to customers from South Africa, in accordance with local tax laws.
- LogMeIn must charge Goods and Services Tax (GST) to customers from Australia, in accordance with local tax laws.
For More Information
Contact your LogMeIn Account Manager or support representative.