Why does GoTo charge sales tax?
GoTo charges sales tax and VAT in accordance with local tax laws within the United States and globally.
In the United States
In accordance with local tax laws, GoTo must charge sales tax to customers located in the following states:
- Maine (RemotelyAnywhere & Network Console only)
- New Mexico
- New York
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- Washington D.C
Outside the United States
GoTo must charge VAT to EU customers without a valid VAT number.
Exceptions: In the UK and Ireland, GoTo is obligated to charge tax to all customers, in accordance with local tax laws.
- GoTo must charge tax to Indian customers without a valid Service Tax number, in accordance with local tax laws.
- GoTo must charge Consumption Tax to customers from Japan, in accordance with local tax laws.
- South Africa
- GoTo must charge tax to customers from South Africa, in accordance with local tax laws.
- GoTo must charge Goods and Services Tax (GST) to customers from Australia, in accordance with local tax laws.
For More Information
Contact your GoTo Account Manager or support representative.