User Roles: Owner, Admin, User
BUSINESS subscribers can assign a role to each user.
How to assign a role
Owners and Admins in a BUSINESS account can assign a role to each new user they create, or they can add/change a user's role when editing an existing user.
The process of adding users is described here: Add users.
To change the role of many users at once, Owners and Admins can select multiple users and then click Change Role.
Note: Users are not notified of their role assignment. If you change a user's role, feel free to let them know directly since there are no automatic notifications.
Note: When importing users in bulk, everyone is assigned the User role; the Role value is not taken into consideration even if present as a column in the import file.
- An account has only one Owner
- The Owner role cannot be transferred to another user or changed to another role
- The only way to change an account's Owner is to change the GoTo ID (email) associated with the account (Change Your Password or Account Email)
- Only the Owner can purchase additional subscriptions and view billing information
Restriction: Only available for BUSINESS users.
- Admins give the Owner a hand managing a join.me account
- An Admin is like a normal user, but with access to the Admin console via the users tab at join.me
- You are allowed to have multiple Admins
- This role can be assigned or revoked at any time by the Owner or another Admin
- If an Admin won't be using join.me, you can remove their join.me subscription so you don’t consume one of your subscriptions
- This role is for regular folks who will be using join.me under the Owner's account
- This role can be assigned at any time by the Owner or an Admin
- Any User can become an Admin; any Admin can become a User