Tips for helping others share their screen and/or mouse control
Let's say you want someone else to show you their screen and let you control their machine, but you don't want to force them to start a meeting and face the dreaded CAPTCHA challenge. Here's what you can do.
The solution is to start your own meeting using your personal link and to let the other person become the presenter in your meeting. DON'T ask the person to start their own meeting. Certainly don't use a shared account since that usually triggers security flags and forces the other person to go through a series of CAPTCHA challenges to prove they are not a robot.
Let's go through it step-by-step:
- Make sure you have a subscription that allows you to have a Personal link.
- You start a meeting using your personal link and send it to the person who should show you their screen.
- The other person joins your meeting by clicking your personal link or entering it in their browser.
- You pass them the presenter role.
- The other person accepts the presenter role, which prompts them download the join.me app.
Once the download completes, the app launches and the other person can show you their screen and share mouse control with you.