Here's a summary of the technical requirements for using join.me and its various components.
These are the requirements for hosting or joining a meeting using the desktop app.
- Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10; Server 2008 R2, 2012 (32 or 64-bit) with .NET 4.0 or higher and the latest updates
- The latest build of macOS: Yosemite (10.10), El Capitan (10.11), Sierra (10.12), High Sierra (10.13), Mojave (10.14), Catalina (10.15)
- Broadband connectivity to the Internet (i.e., T1, cable modem, ISDN or DSL)
- join.me may not run on older computers that do not support SSE2
- Sorry, the desktop app doesn't run on Linux
- You should be able to use join.me in most virtual desktop environments, but the variety of VDI environments prevents us from testing them all
These are the requirements for hosting or joining a meeting using a join.me mobile app.
Always check store listings for the most recent requirements.
- iOS 11 or higher for full functionality, including screen sharing
- iOS 10 for joining or hosting meetings (for information about screen sharing from iOS 10
- Android 5 or higher
These are the requirements for joining a meeting using a browser.
- On both Windows and Mac, we recommend Chrome (but you can also use Safari, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, or Edge)
- Once you're in a meeting, some browsers handle audio and video better than others:
- Chrome: Audio and video
- Firefox: Audio and video
- Safari: Audio only
- Internet Explorer 11 (IE) & Edge: No audio or video
- When attempting to use advanced features (such as taking the presenter role) you will be prompted to use the desktop app
Note: In Firefox and Chrome you can take the presenter role without using the desktop app.
- MS Outlook 2010, 2013, 2016, and Office365 (32 or 64-bit, Windows only)