HIPAA Section E – Integrity policies and procedures, § 164.312(c)(1)
Access and Management: Pro, Central
- Users accessing a host computer remotely can disable the keyboard or mouse on the host computer, thereby protecting the integrity of data inputs.
Tip: During remote control, on the remote control toolbar, select .
- Users can set up automatic alerts to identify system events that indicate attempts at unauthorized access. Requires Central; Windows Pro hosts only.
Support and Collaboration: Rescue
- Control access permissions at the Technician Group level.
Tip: Open the Administration Center, select a group, and follow this path: .
- Restrict groups of technicians from using remote control, Connect On LAN, or Unattended Access.
- Restrict groups of technicians from using file transfer, thereby eliminating their ability to copy files from remote computers.
Parent article: HIPAA Considerations - Introduction
Previous article: HIPAA Section D – Audit Controls § 164.312(b)
Next article: HIPAA Section F – Integrity mechanism, § 164.312(c)(2)