Feature Sets: Control how folks use join.me
In a BUSINESS account, Feature Sets define "who can do what, and how" in join.me.
Example: How-to video
Feature Sets: http://fast.wistia.net/embed/iframe/mihyhgvdfb
Create a Feature Set
We start you out with a default Feature Set, but you can always create your own – as many as you'd like.
- On the join.me website, log in to your BUSINESS account and click Users.
Result: The Admin console is displayed.
- In the Admin console on the Admin settings tab, click New Feature Set.
- Define features and settings as described at the bottom of this article under About the settings.
- Save your changes.
Assign a Feature Set
After creating Feature Sets, you must assign them to users.
- When you have only one Feature Set, all users are assigned to the Default Feature Set.
- When you have multiple Feature Sets, you can choose which set to apply during the process of creating new users (individually or bulk): Add users.
Change the Feature Set assigned to users
- On the Users page, select any number of users.
Result: The Change Feature Set option is shown in the top menu.
- Click Change Feature Set.
Result: The Change Feature Set dialog box is displayed.
- Choose a new Feature Set and click Change Feature Set.
What to do next:
Users must log out of join.me for the new Feature Set to be applied.
About the settings
Define which features your users can access as meeting host.
- remote control
- Allow users to share control of their screen with participants.
- file transfer
- Allow users to send files to participants via join.me.
- Allow users to use the join.me chat feature.
- presenter swap
- Users will be able to allow meeting participants to take over the presenter role (present their own screen).
- Allow users to record their meetings using the join.me record feature.
- Allow users to use video in their meetings.
- user can override personal link
- Allow users to set their own personal link using the personal link option at join.me.
Define how users and their participants connect to the audio portion of join.me meetings.
- use join.me conference line
To force your users to use the
join.me conference line, select
use join.me conference line and define the following:
- Conference mode
- others can use video. Any participant can turn on their video feed, provided they meet video system requirements.
- others can only talk. Video is not available, but participants can talk on the conference line.
- others are muted, only organizers can talk. Only the meeting host (your user) can talk.
- Start the call
- when the second caller joins. Allow participants to talk with each other before the organizer (your user) joins.
- when the organizer joins. Place participants on hold until your user join as organizer.
- user can override conference start mode. Allows your user to choose how to start the call (meeting settings tab).
- Hold music, sounds
- Hold music: Choose the music to be played while participants are on hold during meetings hosted by your users.
- play a sound when someone joins or leaves call. Choose whether or not to play a sound when participants join or leave calls hosted by your users.
- use my own conference line
To force your users to use your organization's own conference bridge or regular number with multiple lines, select
use my own conference line.
Note: For important information about using your own conference line, read this article: Use your own conference number.
- lock conference settings
- Prevent your users from changing your preferred settings.
- All users start with stock join.me personal backgrounds.
- Choose a personal background for all of your users.
- lock background setting
- Prevent your users from changing the personal background you have selected.