Call in - Conference calls on PC/Mac
Call in to a conference when you are using a PC or Mac. Use either the internet (VoIP) or a phone.
Getting audio started: https://www.join.me/resources/user-tips/how-to-connect-audio
Call via internet
join.me allows you to call into an audio conference using free Voice over IP (VoIP) technology.
- During a meeting, click the speaker icon. The Audio mode menu is displayed.
- On the Audio mode menu, click Computer. Presenter – Call by computer
Participant – Call by computer
Internet calling tips:
- It's best to use a headset when joining via the internet – headsets pick up less background noise and help prevent echo and feedback
- You may want to turn off music, videos and other sources of noise that could interfere with your call
- You can run an audio test under Audio settings
Call by phone
Each time a LITE, PRO, or BUSINESS subscriber starts a join.me meeting we enable a conference line.
The join.me conference telephone lines are not toll-free numbers. Anyone dialing into the conference line may be charged by their telecom service provider according to their calling plan.
The conference number and conference ID are available on the telephone tab for both the organizer and participants:
- During a meeting hosted by a LITE, PRO, or BUSINESS subscriber, click the speaker icon. The Audio mode menu is displayed.
- On the Audio mode menu, click Phone. Tip: Can't click Phone? You probably aren't in a LITE, PRO, or BUSINESS meeting.Organizer – Access info to call by phoneParticipant – Access info to call by phone
The conference numbers and ID are displayed.
- Select the number best for your location and dial it using your phone.
- When prompted, dial the conference ID followed by # (pound key or hashtag).
- To call in as organizer, wait briefly after entering the conference ID and then enter the Organizer code starting with *3 followed by the four-digit code and the # (pound key or hashtag). Organizer – Call by phone
Tip: If you enter the code incorrectly and must enter it again, remember to dial only the last four digits without the *3.
All participants join the same conference regardless of how they join: computer, phone, mobile app – everyone joins the same call.