Setting up an iOS device as a Hamachi mobile client
This procedure assumes you or an administrator has sent configuration details to your device.
- On the device, install the Hamachi configuration profile.
- Open the email containing the configuration file as an attachment.
- Tap the attachment to open the Install Profile page.
- Tap Install.
- If prompted, confirm your choice.
- If prompted to Enter your password for the VPN account "123-456-789", enter the device configuration password including dashes, as provided by your administrator or on the Edit Client page.
Result: The message Profile Installed is displayed.
- To connect, go to and choose Hamachi as your VPN.
Result: If you are not a member of any Hamachi network, you may see the following error: The VPN server did not respond.Important: Starting from iOS 10, VPN using PPTP is deprecated and a valid PPTP configuration will not be created. Apple have more information here.