Setting up an Android or iOS device as a Hamachi mobile client
To ensure that you can use Mobile VPN, you must change your device configuration on the website. If you have multiple mobile devices, you must update the configuration of each device.
Remember: The mobile client is deployed by sending the required VPN settings in a configuration file via email; it is not an app you download from a store.
- In Central, go to the page.
- Find your mobile device and click Edit on the right.
- On the Edit Client page, go to the Mobile tab to view your device’s settings.
- Depending on your device, click Preview iOS config or Preview Android config to open the configuration of your VPN connection.
- If you use IPSec connection protocol in your Mobile VPN, you must send and install a new certificate to your device. If you use PPTP, you can skip this step.
Note: You can see which protocol your device uses in the Connection protocol field on the page.
- In the Send configuration via email to field, type your email address.
- Depending on your device, click Send iOS (for iOS devices) or Send Other (for Android devices).
- On your mobile device, open the email that you receive from LogMeIn. Download the following three attached certificates to your device:
No attachments? When the connection type is PPTP, no certificates are attached. Certificates are attached only with IPSec.
- RootCA Self-signed root certificate.
- CA Issuer of the client certificates.
- PFX The client certificate.
- Install both the Hamachi RootCA and CA certificates, as follows:
- Tap the files.
- Name the certificates. The names do not have to match the name used in Step 5e.
- Extract the Hamachi client certificate, file type PFX, as follows:
- Tap the file.
- When prompted to enter a password to extract the certificate, enter the case sensitive device configuration password including dashes, as provided by your administrator or on the Edit Client page. (for example, abcd-a1b2-c1d2).
- Name the certificate.
- Open the Hamachi settings page on your mobile device and add a VPN profile for each connection protocol (IPSec and PPTP) that you use:
- Go to
- Tap Add VPN Network.
Make sure the Server address is set to mobile.hamachi.cc
If you use IPSec connection protocol in your Mobile VPN, select the IPSec user certificate that you have installed from the drop-down list.
- Save your changes.
If you are not a member of any Hamachi network, you may see the following error: The VPN server did not respond.
What to do next:
No Internet Connection? To retain an Internet connection on an Android using PPTP:
- In a mesh network, set the Hamachi VPN profile Forwarding Route to 188.8.131.52/8
- In a gateway network, the Forwarding Route must match the client's assigned IP range
- Starting from iOS 10, VPN using PPTP is deprecated and a valid PPTP configuration will not be created. Apple have more information here.
Article last updated: 30 March, 2023