Setting up an Android device as a Hamachi mobile client
This procedure assumes you or an administrator has sent configuration details to your device.
Remember: The mobile client is deployed by sending the required VPN settings in a configuration file via email; it is not an app you download from a store.
- On the device, open the email containing the following three files as attachments.
- PFX The client certificate.
- CA Issuer of the client certificates.
- RootCA Self-signed root certificate.
- Save all attachments and locate them on the device. No attachments? When the connection type is PPTP, no certificates are attached. Certificates are attached only with IPSEC.
- Extract the Hamachi client certificate, file type PFX, as follows:
- Tap the file.
- When prompted to enter a password to extract the certificate, enter the device configuration password (for example, abcd-a1b2-c1d2). Include dashes. Case sensitive.
- Name the certificate.
- Install both the Hamachi CA and RootCA certificates, as follows:
- Tap the files.
- Name the certificates. The names need not match the name used in step 3.
- Add a VPN profile for Hamachi for each connection protocol (IPSec and PPTP), as follows:
- Go to Settings > More settings > VPN
- Tap Add VPN Network.
No Internet Connection? To retain an Internet connection on an Android using PPTP:
- In a mesh network, set the Hamachi VPN profile Forwarding Route to 188.8.131.52/8
- In a gateway network, the Forwarding Route must match the client's assigned IP range