Resolving Hamachi "Request Timed Out" for Windows Firewall
You have to allow the Hamachi Network Adapter through the firewall to be able to ping clients using Hamachi.
You notice that Hamachi times out when trying to ping another client, but works if you turn off Windows Firewall.
The Hamachi Network Adapter is not being allowed through the firewall.
Allow the Hamachi Network Adapter through the firewall, as follows:
- In Windows, go to .
- In Windows Firewall, on the left side of the window, click Advanced Settings. The Windows Firewall with Advance Security window is displayed.
- At the top of the Advanced Settings window, go to .
- On the Domain Profile tab under State, look for Protected network connections and click Customize. The Protected Network Connections for the Domain Profile window is displayed.
- Under Network Connections, clear the checkbox for Hamachi. Leave all other options selected.
- Click OK to save your changes.
- Repeat steps 4-6 on both the Private Profile tab and Public Profile tab.