How to resolve a network conflict in an IPv4 network?
If you experience a conflict using the 184.108.40.206/8 IP address range through Hamachi, do the following to resolve the issue.
Note: These instructions only apply to mesh and hub-and-spoke network configurations. The gateway network configuration does not support IPv6; it operates with private IP addresses and therefore there are no IP conflicts with public IP ranges. This procedure must be executed on the client running in full mode.
- On Windows, click . On a Mac, click .
- Go to section.
- Select IPv6 only for IP protocol mode.
- If you have a program connection that requires an IPv4 address it is best to create a gateway network.
- IPv6 is supported and enabled on Mac OS X 10.5 and newer versions, by default.
- The recent Linux kernel versions support IPv6 and it is enabled by default. Older versions may support it, but it is not enabled by default. Hamachi can load/enable the IPv6 module.
- When upgrading to the new version, Hamachi sets the Both IPv4 and IPv6 mode by default, unless IPv6 is not supported or enabled on the platform.
- When you try to ping or browse a peer, the IPv4 address is used by default unless you or your peer is in IPv6 only mode.
Article last updated: 27 September, 2022