How to Change the Client Interface
Note: This functionality is not available on Linux.
- On the LogMeIn web site, go to the Networks > My Networks page.
Your Hamachi networks and clients are listed.
- On the My Networks page, click Edit next to the client you want to work with. The Edit Client page is displayed.
- Select the Settings tab.
- Select an Interface Mode.
Option Description Full The client will offer full functionality to end users. Restricted The client will offer a full graphic user interface, but client settings (including the right to change certain settings locally) can be defined on the web only. Minimal The client will offer no graphic user interface to the end user. Only the Hamachi system tray icon will be visible. Client settings can be defined on the web only.
- For Restricted or Minimal mode, select the client settings to apply.
Option Description Encryption Choose this option to provide extra protection against sniffing. For business use, we highly suggest using encryption. Use of this option may cause minimal extra CPU load for both sender and receiver. Compression Choose this option to speed up large data transfers. Compression is particularly useful on low bandwidth connections. Use of this option may cause minimal extra CPU load for both sender and receiver. Can create new network Allow the client to be used to create new mesh networks. Can join networks Allow the client to be used to join networks other than those assigned on the web. Can chat Allow the client to be used for chat between Hamachi peers. Keep chat logs Allow the client to store chat logs. Maintain log Allow the client to store a Hamachi event log.
- Click Save. If the client is online, changes are applied immediately. If offline, changes are applied when the client comes online.