How to Backup and Restore Hamachi Client Configuration
You can backup your configuration files to recover from a system failure, or to have the ability to move a client and all its network configuration to a new computer.
This procedure must be executed on the client.
How to Backup Configuration Files
- On Windows, click System > Preferences. On a Mac, click LogMeIn Hamachi > Preferences.
- Select Service configuration in the Disk Locations section.
- Click Open.
- Copy all files to a safe location.
How to Restore Configuration Files
Do not go Online when you install Hamachi on the new or reformatted computer.
- Open the service configuration directory. See How to Backup Configuration Files.
- Open the Run window:
- On Windows XP, go to Start > Run
- On Windows 7, 8, and Vista, go to Start and type run in the Search field
- In the Run window, type services.msc.
- Right-click on LogMeIn Hamachi Tunneling Engine and select Stop.
- Go back to the service configuration directory and copy the backed up files to the service configuration directory.
- In the Services window, right-click on LogMeIn Hamachi Tunneling Engine and select Start.
- When the client goes online, it will retain its original identity.
- Open the terminal.
- Stop the Hamachi service with the following command:
- Navigate to /var/lib/logmein-hamachi, the Hamachi configuration directory.
- To backup your settings, copy the contents to safe location.
- To restore your settings, copy the backed up files to the configuration directory.
- Start the Hamachi service with the following command: