How to Add a Hamachi Mobile Client
The Hamachi mobile client gives you access to Hamachi networks from an iOS or Android smartphone or tablet.
The mobile client is deployed by sending the required VPN settings in a configuration file via email; it is not an app you download from a store.
Follow these steps to configure mobile client settings and send them via email.
- On the LogMeIn.com web site, switch to Networks and click Add Client.
Result: The Add Client page is displayed.
- Select Add mobile client and click Continue.
- Enter a Client Name and add the client to a network (optional) and click Create.
Result: The Edit Client page is displayed with the new client displayed on the Mobile tab.
- To send the default configuration to an email recipient, enter an email address and click the appropriate button for the user's operating system. Otherwise, change settings before sending.
Tip: To preview the configuration file, click Preview iOS Config or Preview Android Config, as appropriate. This helps you understand what the user sees on their device when configuring their client.
- Send iOS
- Send Other
- Add the client to a network under Join network.
Important: A mobile client must be in a network to go online.
- Enter a Network ID and password.
- Click Join
- Under Connection protocol, choose how the device will connect to Hamachi servers. Minimum one selection.
Important: Starting from iOS 10, VPN using PPTP is deprecated and a valid PPTP configuration will not be created. Apple have more information here.
- Optional connection settings:
Option Description Send all traffic over VPN Valid for all network types.
- When applied to a gateway network, the gateway peer relays all outside traffic.
- When applied to mesh or hub-and-spoke networks, the device's traffic to the public Internet is not relayed by other members. This means the device cannot connect to the Internet.
- This setting is always applied to Android devices that use a PPTP connection.
- To retain an Internet connection on an Android using PPTP in a mesh network
- In a mesh network, set the Forwarding Route to 220.127.116.11/8.
- In a gateway network, the forwarding route must match the client's assigned IP range
Set gateway peer to filter broadcast traffic Filter out network packets not specifically directed to the device. Enable on-demand connection to these domains When an iOS device connecting via IPSec attempts to reach a listed domain, the VPN connection will be activated.
- To save changes to the configuration file, click Save. Remember: For iOS, if you change settings after sending the configuration file, you must send a new version.