Why isn't the download working?
We're sorry to hear that you can't install! See some tips and tricks below. For more information, please see our Join Help & FAQs.
Step-by-step download instructions
Advanced troubleshooting tips
On occasion, GoToWebinar will fail to start when launching a session. This is most commonly due to a stuck process, application install issue, or driver conflict. See some advanced tips below.
- End any GoToMeeting processes running in the background (Windows only)
If the download started but then froze, try force-quitting any GoToMeeting processes running in the background that might be slowing the download.
1. Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc on your keyboard to open the Task Manager.
2. For all entries that begins with the letters "g2m", right-click it and select End Process.
3. Open the Processes tab, then click the Image Name column to sort it alphabetically.
4. Try re-joining the session.
- Uninstall and reinstall
If you've joined or hosted a session before, it's possible that the currently installed desktop app is causing conflict. Go through the steps for uninstalling, then try installing fresh! Learn how to Uninstall GoToWebinar.
- Install via MSI
You might have better luck installing via MSI rather than going through the automatic download. The file available for download will include detailed instructions about installing via MSI. Learn how to Install via MSI (Windows).
- Reboot your computer
If all else fails, try the old standby – shut down and reboot your computer, then try joining again!
Here are some additional troubleshooting resources for installing the desktop app.
- Join Help and FAQs
- Why can I hear audio but not see the presentation?
- Why can I see the presentation but not hear the audio?
- Why do I get a "could not connect" error when I try to join a session?
- What are the system requirements for using the desktop app?
- How do I configure GoToWebinar to work with firewalls?
- Test Your Network Settings (Windows)
- Do I need an account to join a session as an attendee?