Manage Attendees (Desktop App)
The Attendees pane displays a list of all the participants in a session. You can toggle between the Attendees tab and the Staff tab (which displays the names of organizers, presenters and panelists) to see who's in attendance.
Topics in this article:
The Attendees pane uses icons to describe the status of the attendees and staff members in your session.
Individual is connected via VoIP and unmuted Individual is connected via VoIP and has muted themselves Individual is connected via VoIP and muted by organizer Individual is attempting to connect via VoIP Individual is connected via phone and unmuted Individual is connected via phone and has muted themselves Individual is connected via phone and muted by organizer Individual is attempting to connect via phone or they are connected but have not yet entered their audio PIN
Individual is the current Presenter (staff only) Individual has been given access to keyboard and mouse control Individual is currently controlling the keyboard and mouse Individual has a webcam connected (but is not sharing it) (staff only) Individual is sharing their webcam (staff only) Individual is not attentive (i.e., an application other than GoToWebinar is at the forefront of their screen) Individual has asked a question Individual has their hand raised Individual has been given access to drawing tools
By default, all attendees are automatically muted when they join the webinar.
- To mute or unmute a single attendee, click the Audio icon next to their name. Green icons represent unmuted attendees, while orange icons represent muted attendees.
- To mute or unmute all attendees, click the Mute All or Unmute All icons at the bottom of the Attendees pane.
The presenter has the ability to share their screen with other attendees during a session. As an organizer, you can make another attendee the presenter at any time (which does not cause them to automatically become an organizer). The Presenter will then be able to make anyone else a presenter after them. Making an attendee a presenter automatically makes the attendee a panelist until the end of the session. See Change Presenter (Desktop App) for more information.
Co-organizers are individuals who have access to the same organizer tools and features during a meeting that you do, and can help you facilitate your sessions or even start it on your behalf. You can either add co-organizers before a session or promote them to organizer during a session. Note that while you can make anyone a co-organizer of your webinar, only individuals who are also members of your same GoToWebinar account will be able to start webinars on your behalf.
See Add Co-Organizers (Desktop App) for more information.
When you are Presenter, you can grant other attendees shared control of your keyboard and mouse. This allows them to move the mouse about your shared screen and use their own keyboard to type on it, which can aid in collaboration. Of course, your mouse always has priority. You can always override another attendees' mouse movements to temporarily regain control without removing their access. See Give Keyboard and Mouse Control (Desktop App) for more information.
- To request that an attendee start sharing their webcam, right-click their name in the Attendee list and select Send Webcam Request. The attendee will be prompted to share their webcam (they can click Share My Webcam or Not Right Now).
Note: This feature is only available for staff members (Presenters, panelists and organizers).
- To stop sharing an attendee's webcam, right click their name in the Attendee list and select Stop Webcam Sharing.
If desired, you can allow attendees to see the Attendee list in their Control Panels.
- To do so, right-click their name in the Attendee pane and select Allow Attendee List. A Checkmark icon will be displayed next to the selection when it is enabled, and will disappear when it is disabled.
You can remove an attendee from a session by dismissing them. They will then automatically leave the session and be notified that they were excused.
1. In the Attendees pane, right-click the desired attendee's name.
2. Select Dismiss <attendee name>.
3. Click Yes when prompted.