Using the Control Panel (Windows and Mac)
To get the most out of GoToWebinar, you can download and install the full-feature desktop software on your Windows and Mac computer. This allows you to access all of our great collaboration tools, including drawing tools, shared keyboard/mouse control and multi-monitor screen sharing.
When you start or join a session using the desktop app, the app's Control Panel provides you with access to all of the in-session features and tools that GoToWebinar offers!
- Mute and Unmute Yourself – Mute and unmute your audio during the session if you are connected using built-in audio services.
(b) Share your screen, change presenter and give keyboard/mouse control
- Share Your Screen (Windows) – Share your desktop, an application or a document with attendees.
- Change Presenter (Desktop App) – Change presenters so that another participant can share their own screen.
- Give Keyboard and Mouse Control (Desktop App) – Share keyboard and mouse control with other participants while you are sharing your screen. Note that attendees who joined using a method other than the desktop app (such as the Instant Join app or mobile apps) will not be able to use this feature.
(c) Share your webcam
- Share Your Webcam (Desktop App) – Preview your webcam before sharing with others, then turn on your webcam to work face to face with attendees.
(d) Manage your audio mode
- Switch Audio Modes in Session – Switch between computer audio and dialing in via phone and access the Sound Check.
- Enable/Disable On-Hold Beeps and Entry Chimes – Manage the audio controls (e.g., on-hold beeps, entry/exit chimes).
(e) See the audience view (Windows only)
- See the Audience View – See a preview of what your attendees are seeing to make sure your presentation is on point!
(f) Manage attendees
- Manage Attendees (Desktop App) – View the names of all individuals participating in the session, as well as access mute controls and other options.
- Invite Others to Join (Desktop App) – Invite attendees to join while you are in an active session.
- Add Co-Organizers (Desktop App) – Make someone a co-organizer so that person can have full control over the session and/or continue running the session after you leave.
- Add Panelists – Panelists are members of webinar staff who can speak, present, share webcams and answer assigned questions during a session. You can either add panelists before a session starts, or promote attendees to panelists during the session.
(g) Chat with others
- Send Chat Messages (Desktop App) – Send chat messages to all participants, or only to member of your staff.
(h) Record the session
- Record a Session – Record the presenter's screen, audio and shared applications during a session, then upload and store the recording for people to view.
(i) Use Drawing tools (Windows only)
- Use Drawing Tools (Desktop App) – Use drawing tools to draw on your shared screen and better illustrate points. Note that attendees who joined using a method other than the desktop app (such as the Instant Join app or mobile apps) will not be able to use this feature.
(j) See a session overview
- Dashboard – The Dashboard allows you to monitor the session at-a-glance. You can quickly view the timer (duration of the session), attendance, audience attentiveness, questions and raised hands.
(k) Launch polls
- Create and Manage Polls – Polls allow you to ask attendees a question during a session, then to broadcast the results immediately. Unlike tests, polls are only a single question and are meant to collect real-time feedback and promote attendee interaction.
(m) Answer attendee questions
- Question and Answer – Attendees can ask Questions to organizers during a session. Organizers can sort the Questions and flag them with priority, as well as assign Questions to another organizer or panelist.
(n) Upload handouts
- Share Handouts during Webinars – You can increase the attendee engagement for your events by sharing handouts during your webinars. Handouts are image, music, video or Microsoft Office files that are made available in the Control Panel during the session, which Windows, Mac, iOS and Android attendees can then download onto their own devices.
Even when the Control panel is minimized into the Grab tab, the most critical features remain accessible with just one click: Mute, Share Screen and Share Webcam.
- To shrink the Control Panel into the Grab Tab, click the Shrink icon in the left navigation.
- To expand the Grab Tab into the Control Panel (e.g., show all panes), click the Expand icon in the left navigation.