How do I fix poor, choppy or robotic audio quality?
There are several things that could cause poor audio quality.
I am connected using my mic and speakers (VoIP)
Poor network performance, lack of memory or high CPU usage often causes the audio quality to drop, become delayed or sound robotic.
- Try closing all applications you aren't using to free up some bandwidth.
- If you're using a dial-up Internet connection with VoIP, it may cause poor performance. For optimum performance when using VoIP, we recommend using a broadband Internet connection.
- Try running the GoToMeeting Connection Wizard to troubleshoot connection issues.
- If the problem persists, try switching to Phone mode instead.
I am connected using my telephone
If your audio quality is poor while you're using the telephone, it is most likely an issue with your telephone service provider.
- Try hanging up and dialing in again to see if it's an issue with the current connection.
- Try using a different telephone to see if it's an issue with the phone itself.
- If the problem persists, try switching to Computer mode (mic and speakers) instead.