Active Directory Connector v2 Requirements
The Active Directory Connector (ADC) receives Active Directory user updates and automatically makes the same changes in your LogMeIn account.There are 4 areas of requirements to use the Active Directory Connector (ADC) effectively: Accounts, your Active Directory implementation, the Windows requirements for the ADC host machine, and your firewall settings. See all steps for setting up the Active Directory Connector v2 and managing users via User Sync.
Topics in this article:
- A LogMeIn product account with at least 1 Organization admin who also has a LogMeIn product admin role
- An Active Directory environment running Windows Server 2003 (or later) with the latest updates installed.
- Windows admin account with the "Log on as a service" permission enabled. This account is used for the Active Directory permission section of the ADC software. To enable this permission for the account being used, do the following:
- In Windows, search for and select Local Security Policy.
- Go to Local Policies > User Rights Assignment.
- Right-click Log on as a service >Properties > Add User or Group.
- Add the ADC Service User (e.g., DOMAIN\username).
- Go to Check Names > OK > OK > Apply to save your changes.
|Operating System|| |
|Available Disk Space|| |
|Internet Connection|| |
Firewall settings should be configured as follows:
|Use case||<source server>||<target server>:<port>|
|Interface for provisioning||<ADC Server Name>||api.getgo.com:443|
|Interface for logging; <source server>||<ADC Server Name>||logging.getgo.com:443|
|Interface for authentication; <source server>||<ADC Server Name>||*.logmeininc.com:443|
|Interface for checking new version of ADC; <source server>||<ADC Server Name>||s3.amazonaws.com:443|
|Insecure connections||<ADC Server Name>||Active Directory Domain Controller:389 (LDAP)|
|Secure connections||<ADC Server Name>||Active Directory Domain Controller:636 (LDAPS)|
|Global Catalog, Insecure connections||<ADC Server Name>||Active Directory Domain Controller:3268 (LDAP)|
|Global Catalog, Secure connections||<ADC Server Name>||Active Directory Domain Controller:3269 (LDAPS)|