Share Your Screen (Windows)
You can share your screen during a session, which allows you to present a document, presentation or anything else you'd like to attendees. You can choose to share one or more of your monitors or even a single application. You can also show a clean Windows desktop to hide icons and the task bar, as well as blank out the background, so that the focus remains on the content you are presenting to your attendees.
Topics in this article:
1. You can begin screen sharing in either of the following ways:
- Click the Screen button in the Control Panel or Grab Tab.
Note: Using this button will automatically share the entire screen of your main monitor. If you wish to share a more specific item with attendees, use the option below.
- On the Screen tab (in the Options pane), use the "Start sharing my" drop-down menu to select the portion of your screen you would like to share, as follows:
- Screen of main monitor, secondary monitor or both monitors – This shares the entire screen of one or both of your monitors (if more than one is configured). Be sure to close any windows you do not want to share before proceeding.
- Screen of main monitor, secondary monitor or both monitors (CLEAN) – This shares your screen, but also hides your background, task bar and desktop icons. Be sure to close any windows you do not want to share before proceeding.
- Application – This shares only the specific application that you select and hides the rest of your screen (available for Windows Presenters only).
- Rectangle (Labs) – This shares only a specific portion of your screen, which you can choose by moving a floating frame around your screen.
Note: Sharing with "Screen (Clean)" and "Rectangle (Labs)" are not available to Mac organizers. If you wish to share a PowerPoint presentation on a Mac, you must first put the presentation into slide show mode and then select "PowerPoint Slide Show" in the Application window. If you do not, attendees will continue to see the main PowerPoint window instead of the slide show, and they will not see your slides advance.
2. The Screen icon at the top of the Control Panel will glow green when your screen is being shared with other attendees.
When you pause screen sharing, the image of the screen currently being shown will freeze until you stop or restart the broadcast.
1. Hover over the Screen button in the Control Panel or Grab Tab so that the Pause button appears.
- Click the Pause button to pause screen sharing. The Screen icon will start flashing when screen sharing is paused.
- Click the Play button to restart screen sharing.
When you stop screen sharing, attendees will see the Hallway again and a message that the organizer's screen is not being shared.
1. Click the Screen button in the Control Panel or Grab Tab.