Share Your Screen (Mac Desktop App)
You can share your screen during a session, which allows you to present a document, presentation or anything else you'd like to attendees. You can choose to share your primary monitor or even a single application.
Topics in this article:
1. You can begin screen sharing in either of the following ways:
- Click the Play button in the Control Panel or the Screen button in the Grab Tab. This will launch a "Share my screen" window where you can choose to share a screen, an application or a Whiteboard.
- On the Screen Sharing tab, use the "Show" drop-down menu to select the portion of your screen you would like to share.
2. You can share from following options:
Main screen, Screen 2 or all screens – This shares the entire screen of one or both of your monitors (if more than one is configured). Be sure to close any windows you do not want to share before proceeding.
- Application – This shares only the specific application that you select and hides the rest of your screen. The application will be highlighted with a "GoToMeeting is showing this application" message.
- Whiteboard – This uses your HD webcam to broadcast an image of your whiteboard to attendees.
Note: Sharing with "Screen (Clean)" and "Rectangle (Labs)" are not available to Mac organizers. If you wish to share a PowerPoint presentation on a Mac, you must first put the presentation into slide show mode and then select "PowerPoint Slide Show" in the Application window. If you do not, attendees will continue to see the main PowerPoint window instead of the slide show, and they will not see your slides advance.
3. In the Control Panel, the Play icon will switch over to Pause and the Screen icon in the Grab Tab will glow green when your screen is being shared with other attendees.
When you pause screen sharing, the image of the screen currently being shown will freeze until you stop or restart the broadcast.
1. In the Screen Sharing pane, click the Pause button .
2. A "Paused" message will appear at the top of the Screen Sharing pane, and the Pause icon will switch to Play . To restart screen sharing, click the Play button.
3. You can pause or restart screen sharing at any time.
When you stop screen sharing, attendees will see the Hallway again and a message that the organizer's screen is not being shared.
1. Click either of the following buttons:
- Click the Stop button in the Screen Sharing pane.
- Click the green Screen button on the Grab Tab.
2. You can start screen sharing again at any time, or invite others to share their screen by making them Presenter.