Start or Schedule Meetings from Google Calendar Using the Chrome Plug-In
The Google Calendar Plug-In for GoToMeeting lets you view, schedule, edit, and start meetings directly from your Google Calendar. Scheduling within the Google Calendar will allow you to send meeting invitations directly to your contacts.
Do you have any questions? Post them on the GoToMeeting Community page and look out for possible answers!
Are you looking for the new GoToMeeting Add-On? Click here for help.
Topics in this article:
1. In Google Calendar, click the desired time slot and select Create. An event will be added to your calendar. Select Edit Event to open the meeting details.
Note: To add a recurring meeting, click the Repeatoption below the meeting date and time. In the Repeat window, you will be able to set the recurring pattern and modify the date and times as necessary.
2. The GoToMeeting extension will be displayed under Event details. If you are not logged in, click Sign in to log into your GoToMeeting account. Note that you will need to approve access to your GoToMeeting profile if this is your first time logging in through Google Calendar. If you hit this request, select Allow.
3. Select Add to link your GoToMeeting account to this event. Pre-populated session information for the meeting (including Join links and dial-in numbers) will display in the Description field. If you have preferred countries set, these are used.
4. Invite attendees by adding their email addresses in the Guest field. Select Email when finished.
You can easily update the audio settings or add a co-organizer to any session via Google Calendar. All saved edits will be automatically updated in the pre-populated descriptionn field.
1. Select the desired meeting then select the Edit icon . This will launch a small Edit Options window.
- Audio tab: Choose and edit audio options.
- Co-organizer tab: Search for and add co-organizers within your GoToMeeting account.
If needed, you can remove the session information from an appointment without canceling the appointment altogether. This will keep the appointment on your calendar (and those of your attendees), but it will remove the meeting from the GoToMeeting system.
1. Open the desired meeting on your calendar.
2. Select the Delete icon . If you'd like to send an update email to your attendees, select Send.