Record a Session
You can record any session and then store the recording for attendees to view at a later time. When a session is recorded, the presenter's screen, the audio conference and any shared applications are included.
Successfully using session recording requires a series of steps on the part of the organizer. Use the steps below to set up and use session recording.
1. Record sessions : Organizers and co-organizers can start and stop recording during meetings.
GoToMeeting offers you 2 options for session recording.
Cloud recording is available depending on your Admin settings.
- Cloud recording: Have your recordings automatically saved online (recommended)
With this option, your session recordings will be automatically saved to the Meeting History page of your online account. From there you can view, download and share them with attendees. A local recording will also be saved to your hard drive as a backup.
- Local recording: Have your recordings saved locally on your computer
With this option, your session recordings will be saved as a file on your local hard drive. In order to view or share them with attendees, the recording file will need to be converted to a different format (.MP4). After the session, you will need to manually convert them to a different format using the Recording Manager.
Are you hosting a meeting from the Web App? If so, cloud recording is available to you as long as it is enabled in the Admin Center.
- Local recording: A file of the recording will be saved to the local computer. Manually convert the recording with the Recording Manager.
- Cloud recording: Recording will be saved online and available in the organizer's Meeting History.
- Disabled: Organizers will not be able to record any meetings.
We recommend having 2 organizers record the session in case 1 organizer encounters any issues that may potentially disrupt the recording.
1. Ensure that you are sharing your screen or an application to include them in your session recording.
2. Start recording as follows:
- Windows – At the bottom of your Control Panel, click Record this meeting or Record.
- Mac – At the bottom of the Screen Sharing pane, click Record.
Note: At least 5 GB of free space must be available in the Recordings folder in order to record a session.
3. The Recording icon will glow and attendees will see a notification that the session is being recorded at the bottom of their Control Panel. Hover over the Recording icon to see where the recording will save to (computer or cloud).
If you have cloud recording enabled, then your recordings were automatically saved online and you do not need to upload them manually. When you end the session, the Meetings History page will launch in a browser where you can play the recording, copy the link, download, and delete. Note that it will take a couple minutes for the latest recording to appear.
1. Stop recording by clicking Pause at the bottom of your Control Panel.
2. If desired, you can restart recording during the same session by clicking Resume.
3. If you are using local recording, you will need to manually convert those sessions using the Recording Manager . If you are using online recording, then this step is not necessary and you will be launched directly to your My Recordings page.