Mute and Unmute your Attendees
Organizers can mute and unmute their attendee's audio before they join and at any time during the session, with the following exceptions:
- If an attendee mutes themselves, the organizer cannot unmute them. Instead, the organizer can ask them to unmute themselves.
- If the organizer mutes an attendee, the attendee can unmute themselves.
Topics in this article:
- In the Attendee pane, click the Audio icon next to the desired attendee's name. Green icons represent unmuted attendees, and gray icons represent muted attendees.
- If the attendee is self-muted, click on the Arrow icon next to their name and click Send unmute request in the drop-down menu. This attendee will then see a "Do you want to unmute?" message, allowing them to choose to unmute or stay muted. Note that you can only send this request to attendees joined via the desktop app or Web App
- At the bottom of the Attendee pane, click the Mute All or Unmute All icon.
You can choose to have your attendees join your session muted. This is recommended for reducing audio feedback and noise during joining.
Note: Enabling this setting will override all attendee preferences (e.g., if you enable the new "mute attendees" setting while the attendee has the "mute when joining" preference disabled for themselves, they will still be muted when they join).
Learn more about enabling or disabling "join muted" for attendees.