Mute and Unmute your Attendees
Organizers can easily mute the audio of attendees before they join and at any time during the session, with the following exceptions:
- If an attendee mutes themselves, the organizer cannot unmute them. Instead, the organizer can ask them to unmute themselves.
- If the organizer mutes an attendee, the attendee can unmute themselves.
- If an attendee has not entered their Audio PIN, they will be listed as an unidentified caller and you will be unable to mute them. You can ask them to enter their Audio PIN.
Mute your attendees during the session as follows.
- To mute or unmute a single attendee, click the Audio icon next to their name. Blue icons represent unmuted attendees, while orange icons represent attendees who have been muted by the organizer.
- To mute or unmute all attendees, click the Mute All or Unmute All icons at the bottom of the Attendees pane.
- To help self-muted attendees unmute themselves,, you can send an "unmute request". To do so, select the Arrow icon next to the attendee's name you wish to unmute and select Send unmute request. This attendee will then see a "Do you want to unmute?" message, allowing them to choose to unmute or stay muted.
Note: You can only send this request to attendees joined on the desktop app or via the Web App.
Enable/disable attendees joining muted
You can choose whether or not you want your attendees to join the session automatically muted. Having attendees join muted is recommended for reducing audio feedback and noise during joining. Mute your attendees before they join the meeting as follows.
Learn more about enabling or disabling "join muted" for attendees.