Mute and Unmute your Attendees
Organizers can mute their attendee's audio before they join and at any time during the session, with the following exceptions:
- If an attendee mutes themselves, the organizer cannot unmute them. Instead, the organizer can ask them to unmute themselves.
- If the organizer mutes an attendee, the attendee can unmute themselves.
- If an attendee has not entered their Audio PIN, they will be listed as an unidentified caller and you will not be able to mute them. You can ask them to enter their Audio PIN.
Topics in this article:
1. In the Attendee pane, click the Audio icon next to their name. Green icons represent unmuted attendees, while gray icons represent muted attendees.
2. If the attendee is self-muted, click on the Arrow icon next to their name and click Send unmute request in the drop-down menu. This attendee will then see a "Do you want to unmute?" message, allowing them to choose to unmute or stay muted. Note that you can only send this request to attendees joined via the desktop app or Web App.
1. At the bottom of the Attendee pane, click the Mute All or Unmute All icon.
1. At the bottom of the Attendee pane, click the Mute All icon.
You can choose to have your attendees join your session muted. This is recommended for reducing audio feedback and noise during joining.
Learn more about enabling or disabling "join muted" for attendees.