Messenger App for Mobile Devices
Are you on the go? Don't let the conversations stop! The GoToMeeting Messenger app allows you to continue chatting 1:1 or in group messages, set notifications, change user privacy, and more. You may have been using the browser app from your mobile device to access your chats but now you can download the Messenger app for iOS and Android!
Topics in this article:
Both 1:1 and group messages in the desktop Messenger app and browser app will sync to your account and appear on the device's Conversations or Contacts and Groups screen.
1. Tap a name (in the Conversations or Contacts tab) or group message (in the Groups tab) to continue chatting!
2. To start a new chat with an internal user (someone from within the company organization), click the Plus icon and begin typing in their name. A new chat will open. Note that this is for iOS devices only.
3. Once in a chat, you can mention someone by typing in "@" and the name. This will send them a notification to check the chat. Note that this is for Android devices only.
1. In the Conversations screen, tap the Plus icon.
2. Add in the user's email and click Invite.
3. You can begin sending messages but they will not receive it until they join GoToMeeting Messenger.
You will need the GoToMeeting app downloaded to start and join meetings from the GoToMeeting Messenger app. If you do not have the GoToMeeting app downloaded, you will be prompted to download the app from the app store.
1. In the chat, click the Webcam icon in the top right and Meet Now. This will launch your meeting room.
2. In the chat, click Join Meeting. This will launch the other user's meeting room.
Adjust the app settings to your preference! If you're on an iOS device, tap the Settings icon to view the Settings screen. If you're on an Android device, tap the More icon to launch the sidebar Settings menu.
- Profile: Change your displayed name and email (iOS app only)
- Chat status: Set your chat presence status to Available, Hard at work, or Away.
- Feedback: Rate GoToMeeting Messenger and give feedback
- Support: Visit the Messenger FAQ page for more help (iOS app only)