Join a Test Session
You can test your system compatibility, internet connection and audio settings ahead of time to ensure your session goes smoothly, or test your connection while in the session if you're experiencing technical difficulties.
You can also visit our Get Ready for Your First Meeting page to make sure you are prepared ahead of time!
Topics in this article:
By joining a test session from your computer or mobile device, you can help make sure that your real session will connect correctly.
1. Click the Join Now button below.
2. You will automatically be launched into session.
- If you see a "Waiting for the organizer" screen, then you've successfully joined the test session! You should be able to join all future GoToMeeting, GoToWebinar and GoToTraining sessions from this computer. You can now close the "Waiting for the organizer" screen to exit the test session.
- If you do not reach the "Waiting for the organizer" screen, then there was an issue along the way. Make sure you meet all the System Requirements for Attendees , or see Join Help and FAQs for more troubleshooting tips.
Does something feel off with your meeting session? You can use the Preferences window to test your GoToMeeting connection before or during a session to find out for sure.
1. Open Preferences.
2. Click Connection in the left navigation.
3. Under "Test your GoToMeeting connection", click Test Connection.
4. Under "Test Results", you'll see one of the following messages:
- Passed: You've established a connection.
- Fail: You haven't established a connection. See Join Help and FAQs for troubleshooting info.
Note: You may need to enter your Windows username and password or domain if you have a proxy that prevents you from connecting to GoToMeeting. If you don't have a proxy, please check to see that you have the minimum system requirements.
5. Click OK when finished.