Host a Meeting Online (Web App)
You can host sessions from your Google Chrome browser instead of using the desktop app or a mobile app. The GoToMeeting Web App is a browser-based version of GoToMeeting that can be run entirely online! Unlike when hosting or joining sessions with the desktop app, the Web App does not require any downloads because it stays contained within your web browser. This can be especially beneficial for users who are having trouble installing the desktop app or are in locked-down environments that can't download software.
Topics in this article:
If you don't have easy access to the desktop app, you can use the Web App to quickly launch and host your sessions online!
1. First, take note of the Meeting ID. You will need it to start the meeting.
2. Open a Google Chrome or Internet Explorer browser (Chrome highly recommended).
3. Go to https://app.gotomeeting.com.
4. Enter the Meeting ID, then click the Arrow button on the right.
5. At the bottom of the page, click start the meeting.
6. When prompted, enter your GoToMeeting credentials (e.g., email address and password).
7. You will automatically be launched into session!
Once you select your audio mode, you will see a Welcome Tour that shows you the different organizer features that are available in the Web App.
You can invite others during the session by opening the Attendees pane and clicking Invite at the top-right.
On the Invite People window, click Copy link to copy the Join URL to your clipboard, or click Email to launch a new email message with the meeting information pre-populated.
When using the Web App, you can broadcast your own screen (or a specific application) to the rest of the session participants. To do so, you will need to complete a 1-time installation of the screensharing browser extension.
See Share Your Screen (Web App) to learn more.
1. Click the Screen button in your toolbar. If you do not see the icon, ask the organizer to make you Presenter.
2. A list of options will pop up. You can chose "Entire screen" to share your primary monitor, or select an application to share.
Note: All applications that are currently open will be shown. If you do not see the application you want, be sure that it is not currently minimized.
3. Click Share to continue.
4. While your screen is being broadcast to other meeting participants, you will see a floating notification reminding you that other attendees can see your screen. You can click Hide to minimize the window if desired.
When using the Web App, you can broadcast your webcam to other participants during the session so that you can collaborate face-to-face.
See Share your Webcam (Web App) to learn more.
- To preview your webcam, click the Webcam button or click the Settings icon > Webcam tab in the toolbar.
- To share your webcam, select the desired device from the drop-down menu and then click Share my webcam on the Webcam tab.
- To stop sharing your webcam, click the Webcam button again or click Stop sharing my webcam on the Webcam tab.
- To mute or unmute a single attendee, click the Audio icon next to their name. Green icons represent unmuted attendees, while orange icons represent attendees who have been muted by the organizer.
- To mute or unmute all attendees, click the Mute All or Unmute All icons at the top of the Attendees pane.
You can make an attendee Presenter or organizer during the session.
1. Open the Attendees pane.
2. Click the Arrow icon next to the attendee's name.
3. Select one of the following:
- Make presenter:The presenter has the ability to share their screen with other attendees during a session. As an organizer, you can make another attendee the presenter at any time (which does not cause them to automatically become an organizer). The Presenter will then be able to make anyone else a presenter after them.
- Make organizer:You can make someone a co-organizer before the session begins so that they can start the session if you are unable to.
4. Click OK to confirm.
You can turn off the entry/exit chimes under Settings > Audio tab.
- On-hold beeps play when you are the only caller on audio.
- Entry and exit chimes play each time a participant joins or leaves the session.