About the Web App
You can join sessions online instead of using the desktop app or a mobile app. The GoToMeeting Web App is a browser-based version of GoToMeeting that can be run entirely online! Unlike when hosting or joining sessions with the desktop app, the Web App does not require any downloads because it stays contained within your web browser. This can be especially beneficial for users who are having trouble installing the desktop app or are in locked-down environments that can't download software.
Topics in this article:
For many people, the Web App provides a quicker, easier meeting experience than downloading the desktop app does. For others using operating systems that aren't compatible with the desktop app, the Web App ensures that they are still able to take full advantage of GoToMeeting by hosting and joining sessions online.
- Use GoToMeeting within locked-down environments.
If you have software-installation restrictions (e.g., you're using a company computer or net kiosk), you can still join or host sessions!
- Get into session even faster than with the desktop app.
This is great for when you need to quickly touch base and share your screen.
- Easily switch to the full-featured desktop app.
Do you want to use additional features and tools? Seamlessly download and switch to the desktop app during the session.
Depending on your operating system and your web browser, you may automatically join some meetings using the Web App.
However, if you are having trouble downloading the desktop app then you can try joining directly via the Web App instead.
1. Take note of the Meeting ID or room name. You will need it to join the meeting.
2. Open a Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox browser.
3. Go to https://app.gotomeeting.com.
4. Enter the Meeting ID or room name, then click the Arrow button .
5. You will be automatically launched into session! Select your audio mode and enter your name when prompted.
See Web App Attendee Guide to learn more!
If you don't have easy access to the desktop app, you can use the Web App to quickly launch and host your sessions online! See Host a Meeting Online (Web App) to learn more.
1. First, take note of the Meeting ID. You will need it to start the meeting.
2. Open a Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox browser (Chrome highly recommended).
3. Go to https://app.gotomeeting.com.
4. Enter the Meeting ID or meeting room name, then click the Arrow button on the right.
5. At the bottom of the page, click start the meeting.
6. When prompted, enter your GoToMeeting credentials (e.g., email address and password).
7. You will automatically be launched into session!
Once you select your audio mode, you will see a Welcome Tour that shows you the different organizer features that are available in the Web App.
Communicate with your fellow attendees! You can send instant chat messages to other participants at any time during the session.
- Click the Chat icon in the toolbar.
- Use the drop-down menu to select the recipients of your message (everyone, organizers only, presenters only or a specific attendee).
- Enter your message in the text field, then click Send
When you receive a chat message, you will see a notification if the Chat pane is hidden or closed or if you are on another browser tab. Private and public chat messages can be easily distinguishable by color and the "to" recipient (public chats will say "Everyone" and private chats will say "Me").
While the Web App allows attendees to use many of the same features and tools as the GoToMeeting desktop app, there are some features that are still being worked on. To use any of these features, attendees can simply switch to the desktop app while in session.
- Attendees cannot take control of the presenter's mouse and keyboard.
- Attendees cannot use drawing tools.