Run Diagnostic Reports
You can run and save diagnostic reports during attended and unattended support sessions with Windows, Mac, and Android customers which can help you troubleshoot technical problems. Reports include specific information about the customer's computer or device, including applications, processes, devices, network connections and services, and can be saved as Text or XML files.
Topics in this article:
Diagnostic reports include the following information:
- System Summary – Lists basic information about the customer's device, such as its operating system, manufacturer, IP Address, Serial Number, etc.
- Applications – Lists all applications currently running on the customer's device (similar to the Applications tab in Windows Task Manager)
- Processes – Lists all processes in progress on the customer's device (similar to the Processes tab in Windows Task Manager)
- Startup Programs – Lists all applications and programs that are automatically launched when the customer's device is turned on
- Logical Drives – Lists the internal and external hard drives on the customer's device
- Network Connections – Lists all Network Connections mapped on the customer's device
- Devices – Lists all devices installed on the customer's device (such as external hard drives, web cams, etc.)
- Default Browser – Lists details about the customer's current default web browser (i.e., Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari)
- Services – Lists all services currently running on the customer's device (similar to the Services tab in Windows Task Manager)
- Installed Applications – Lists all applications installed on the customer's device (not just currently running)
- Microsoft Office – Lists version and build numbers for any Microsoft Office products installed on the customer's device
- During a session with a Windows, Mac or Android customer, click Diagnostics in the Viewer toolbar.
Note: Android diagnostics are available to Windows agents only.
- If prompted by UAC, the customer should click Yes to continue.
- The Diagnostic Report window displays the system and configuration information for the customer's device. Click the categories in the left-navigation to browse the report, and use the bottom toolbar for the following:
- Refresh – Refresh to update the information in the report.
Note: If the Refresh button is grayed out, you must log back in to the machine to retrieve updated diagnostic information.
- View Recent Reports – View the diagnostic reports previously run during the support session.
- Save As – Save the report as a text or XML file.
- Run a diagnostic report.
- Click Save As in the bottom toolbar and select the desired type of file.
- Enter a file name and select a location, then click Save.