Join a Support Session via Android
If you are a customer who has been invited by an agent to join a support session and are using an Android device, you can download the GoToAssist (Customer) app to connect to the session. For more information, please see the System Requirements for Customers and Mobile Feature Comparison.
| GoToAssist (Customer) App for Android |
Topics in this article:
- Open the Google Play Store app on your Android device.
- Search for "GoToAssist (Customer)" and open the app.
- Tap Install > Accept to install the app.
- You can join support sessions in either of the following ways:
- Via the Join URL
Tap the Join URL in your Invitation email to automatically launch the customer app with the session key pre-populated.
Note: If you do not yet have the app installed, you will be taken to the app in the Google Play Store. Once the app is installed, you will need to join the session again.
- Via the GoToAssist (Customer) app
You can install and open the GoToAssist (Customer) app, enter the session key (as provided by the agent), then tap Join Session.
- You will be automatically launched into session with the agent. When prompted, you can tap Join Session to access the in-session features.
- Once connected to the support session, the app will display the Chat window, which you can use to communicate with the agent. You can exit the app and use their device as normal without leaving the session, and the agent will be able to see all screens and actions. In addition, you can switch between screen sharing, chat and camera sharing by selecting the appropriate buttons in the toolbar.
Note: Session types and features vary depending upon your version of Android OS and mobile device. For more information, please see the System Requirements for Customers.
When you join the support session, you will immediately be launched into the Chat window, where you can exchange messages with the agent.
You can choose to share your screen to allow the agent to view the apps and settings of your Android device. You can also grant your agent remote control access during the support session to receive seamless support directly on your mobile device.
- Tap the Share Screen icon in the toolbar.
- Once the screen sharing has started, the agent is able to remotely control the entire Android device (i.e., they are not restricted to staying within the GoToAssist app, but can navigate to Settings, Gallery, Google Play Store, etc.).
- Tap the Stop Screen Sharing icon in the toolbar to stop screen sharing at any time.
You can share your camera with the agent during your support session using the camera sharing feature.
- Tap the Share Camera icon in the toolbar, then tap the Video icon .
Note: Screen sharing will be paused to display the customer's camera view in lieu of their screen.
- If prompted, tap Start Now to turn on the device's camera and share it with the agent.
- A confirmation message, "You're now sharing your camera" appears in the bottom navigation. Tap the Flashlight icon for a continuous stream of light from the device's camera.
- To take a snapshot of the camera feed and share it with the agent, tap the Snapshot icon in the lower-right corner of the image, where a confirmation message will appear, "You're now sharing this snapshot."
- You can tap the Save icon to save the image as a screenshot, which will be saved to the Photos app for mobile devices running Android OS 5.0.X (Lollipop) or later. If your mobile device is running Android OS 4.4.X (KitKat) or earlier, the screen shot will be saved to the Gallery app. Tap the Share icon and select an app to use to share the image (e.g., email, messenger service, etc.). You can also take a standard screen shot on your Android device to save it.
- To start sharing your camera again, tap the Back icon in the lower-left navigation.
- Tap the Stop Camera Sharing icon below the camera feed or the Shared Camera icon in the toolbar to stop sharing your camera with the agent.
To leave the session, tap the Leave Session icon . When prompted, you can tap End Session, End and Uninstall (to leave the session and remove the GoToAssist Customer app), or Cancel to return to the support session.
Once the session has ended, you can tap Report Suspicious Activity to report abuse directly to LogMeIn, Inc. for any session where the agent was perceived to have used GoToAssist Remote Support for suspicious or fraudulent activity during a session.