Install Active Directory Connector v2
The Active Directory Connector is a desktop application and uses a simple installation wizard. Because it is a Windows service with a user interface, you will need to enter an admin user's credentials to allow the UI to launch. The Active Directory Connector (ADC) receives Active Directory user updates and automatically makes the same changes in your LogMeIn account.
If you already have the Active Directory Connector v2 installed and want to get the latest version, please see Update the ADC.
Before you begin...
Be sure that you have reviewed the Active Directory Connector v2 Requirements before proceeding.
- Download the Active Directory Connector Setup folder and extract the files to a convenient location on the local drive.
- From the extracted folder, launch the Active Directory Connector Setup.exe file and click Run to launch the Setup Wizard.
- Click Next to start the installation.
- Update or accept the location on disk for the installation, then click Next.
- Click Next to install the application and click Yes to confirm.
- When the Installation Complete dialog displays, click Close. The ADC folder is populated with files.
- Double-click ActiveDirectoryConnectorAdmin.exe to start the ADC. Click Yes to confirm, and the Active Directory Connector Admin software will launch.
You can configure the optional steps below, or proceed to Configure the Active Directory Connector v2 for next steps.
Configure a delayed start of the service (optional)
To ensure the Active Directory Connector does not lose connection with your Active Directory environment, configure a delayed start of the ADC service in Windows as follows:
- Go to Services by clicking the Windows Start menu, then type Services and hit enter.
- Right-click on the Active Directory Connector and select Properties.
- On the General tab, locate the "Startup type" section and use the drop-down menu to select Automatic (Delayed Start), then click Apply.
- On the Recovery tab, use the drop-down menu to select Restart the Service for the First failure, Second failure, and Subsequent failures options, then set the "Restart service after" time to 15 minutes (or more) and click Apply.
- Click OK when the service settings for both tabs have been updated.
Steps for setting up the Active Directory Connector v2 and managing users in User Sync:
- Review the Active Directory Connector v2
- Review the Active Directory Connector v2 requirements
- Set up an organization
- Install the ADC v2
- Configure the ADC v2
- Run the ADC v2
- Manage custom attributes (optional)
- Manage User Sync rules
- Update the ADC v2 to the latest version (if applicable)
- Troubleshoot the ADC v2 (if needed)