Web-Based Support Options
While most portal types immediately launch customers into standard screen-sharing support sessions, GoToAssist Corporate also offers chat-only options that do not require customers to download the GoToAssist Corporate Customer application.
Topics in this article:
Benefits of chat-based support sessions
- Customers get into session more quickly and easily, since sessions begin immediately and no downloads are required for the customer.
- Representatives can use web-page push, spell check, URL push, message push and session collaboration features.
- Representatives are alerted to incoming sessions as they normally would be for the portal type used to initiate the session.
- Chat-only sessions are supported by most desktop operating systems, including Windows, Mac and Linux (see here for full system requirements).
- Chat-only (HTML Chat) sessions are supported on Windows Phone, Android, and iOS devices (see the system requirements for HTML Chat for more information)
- Chat-only portals can be branded with customized logos and are supported in 18 languages.
Use Web Chat support sessions
Web Chat is a portal feature that allows you to initially launch support sessions in a chat-only, web-based interface with the option to upgrade to a standard (i.e., screen sharing) support session if needed. This allows customers to participate in support sessions without downloading an .exe file, because the session initiates within the same browser window as the customer portal. This enables faster time into session and quicker problem resolution without involving firewalls or software downloads. Sessions can take place completely within the Web Chat format, or they can be escalated into full screen-sharing support sessions (in which case the customer is guided through the GoToAssist Corporate Customer download within the same Web Chat window, allowing the customer and representative to continue communicating throughout the download process).See Web Chat for more information.
Use FastChat™ support sessions
FastChat refers to a stand-alone product offering (i.e., a specific configuration of GoToAssist Corporate) that restricts all support sessions to a chat-only, web-based interface. Chat-only sessions allow customers to participate in support sessions without downloading an .exe file, because sessions are conducted completely within the same web browser as the customer portal (via Adobe® Flash® Player). This enables faster time into session and quicker problem resolution without involving firewalls or software downloads. See FastChat for more information.
Use HTML Chat support sessions
HTML Chat is a portal feature for web-based chat that allows you to launch chat-only support sessions from any desktop or mobile device using the GoToAssist Corporate customer portals. Chat-only sessions allow customers to participate in support sessions without downloading an .exe file because the sessions are conducted completely within the same web browser as the customer portal. This enables faster time to session and quicker problem resolution without involving firewalls or software downloads. Additionally, this type of web-based chat uses HTML to launch support sessions (i.e., instead of Adobe® Flash® Player, which is intended only for customers using a desktop computer to launch support sessions), and is supported on most desktop operating systems as well as all mobile operating systems. HTML Chat sessions joined from a desktop computer can be escalated to run as a standard support session if the representative's portal configuration supports this feature. See HTML Chat for more information.