HelpAlert allows you to view your customer's screen in real time using the representative Viewer window.
View the customer's screen
- Click the Share Customer's Screen icon in the Chat box toolbar, or select in the menu.
- Depending on your account's configuration, the customer will be prompted to approve View-only Access or Full Access to Keyboard and Mouse during screen sharing.
- The customer can make their selection, then click OK to continue. If you are granted View-only Access and the customer decides to grant you keyboard and mouse control, they can click in their customer Chat box.
- The HelpAlert Viewer window will open and display the customer's screen. If recording is enabled on the representative's account, when the support session connects, both the representative and customer Chat box will display a recording icon.
Share your own screen
- Click the Share My Screen icon in the Chat box toolbar, or select in the menu.
- You will be prompted to approve screen sharing. Click OK to continue.
- The customer Viewer window will open on the customer's desktop and display your screen.
- Grant the customer view-only or remote-control access to your screen using the Chat box menu, as follows:
- Select to allow them to view your screen but not move your mouse.
- Select to allow them to both view your screen and share control of your mouse and keyboard.
Stop, pause and re-start screen sharing
Use the icons in the Chat box toolbar to control screen sharing, as follows:
- To stop sharing the customer's screen or your own screen, click the Stop icon or select from the menu.
- To pause the sharing of your own screen, click the Pause icon or select from the menu.
- To continue sharing your own screen while it is paused, click the Play icon or select Note: Wait at least 10 seconds before re-starting screen sharing to avoid errors.
from the menu.