Set Viewer Preferences
Manage the settings for the Viewer window in the Preferences window.
- Click the Preferences icon in the HelpAlert toolbar and select Viewer.
- Make the desired changes, as follows:
Screen Size – Configure how the Viewer window displays the customer's desktop while in session.
- Select whether the Viewer window is displayed in full-screen or window mode.
- Select whether the customer's desktop is displayed in actual size or is scaled to fit within the Viewer window.
Viewer Options – Enable and disable various features for the Viewer window using the check boxes, as follows:
- Start all incoming screen sharing sessions in separate Viewers – This option opens a new Viewer window for each new support session, as opposed to using individual tabs for each session within the Viewer window.
- Dim Viewer when inactive – This option temporarily deactivates the Viewer window when it is not the focused window, providing a shaded transparency and segregating mouse control between the representative and the customer.
- Pass Windows keys to remote computer – This option allows some Windows key functionality to be passed to the customer's computer (e.g., PrintScrn).
- Enable Viewer Hot Keys – This option activates keyboard shortcuts for Draw and Laser tools.
- Don't show multiple monitor notification when connecting to a customer – This option enables or disables the automated prompt that displays the multi-monitor shortcuts when you connect with a customer with multiple monitors.
- Select Viewer Color – Customize the window color of the Viewer.
Note: To enable the use of keyboard hot keys for GoToAssist tools like the Highlighter ( F8), Arrow Stamper ( F9) and Pen ( F11), be sure to select Enable Viewer Hot Keys. This also maps the arrow keys and the keypad number keys for use in screen navigation.
- Click OK when finished.