Set Chat Preferences
Manage the settings for the Chat box in the Preferences window.
- Click the Preferences icon in the HelpAlert toolbar and select Chat.
- Make the desired changes, as follows:
Chat Settings – In the representative Chat box, the customer tab is color-coded with increasing urgency to denote how much time has elapsed since you last typed and submitted text to the customer.
- Select how many seconds should elapse before the customer tab changes from green to yellow and then red .
- Enable or disable the Chat sound that plays each time you receive a new chat message.
- Select the default font size in which the chat text is displayed.
- View the maximum number of concurrent chats that a representative can be in.
Note: The "Maximum number of concurrent chats" setting can be configured by managers in the Management Center.
- Click OK when finished.