Run as a Service
The GoToAssist Corporate Customer software can be run as either a service or an application on the customer's computer. Running GoToAssist Corporate as a service (e.g., running at the administrator level) downloads an additional piece of software onto the customer's computer which enables some additional features that aren't available while running it at the basic application level. Depending on your account's configuration, support sessions may automatically launch GoToAssist Corporate Customer as a service or allow representatives to upgrade while in session.
Topics in this article:
Benefits of running as an application
- Launch customers into session more quickly and easily.
- Support customers in locked-down environments that don't allow administrator-level access.
- Send the Ctrl-Alt-Del command to the customer's machine.
- Allow the customer to switch user profiles without locking you out.
- Use Reboot/Reconnect and Reboot in Safe Mode to restart the customer's machine and automatically reconnect to the welcome screen.
- Request and use login credentials from a customer to reboot or unlock their machine during the current session.
- Override User Account Control (UAC), allowing uninterrupted support.
Note: Running GoToAssist as a service and logging in as an administrator will not violate or circumvent the security model on the customer’s PC. Access is granted only if the customer is able to log in with the proper credentials of a local or domain administrator. If the service install fails, the session will be run as an application as normal.
- In the HelpAlert Viewer, select System > Run as a Service from the menu.
Note: If Run as a Service is grayed out, then the software may already be running as a service or the feature may not be enabled on your account.
- Click Yes to confirm when prompted.
- If the customer is not logged in with administrator rights, GoToAssist prompts the customer to log in with the proper credentials of a local or domain administrator. If the customer has UAC enabled on their computer, they should click Yes when prompted.
- Once the GoToAssist Corporate Customer software is running as a service, additional features will become enabled.
Depending on your account's configuration, GoToAssist may automatically attempt to begin support sessions as a service. In this case, representatives will not see the Run as a Service option in the menu.