During standard sessions, you can use HelpAlert to retrieve specific configuration and diagnostic information about the customer's computer using Remote Diagnostics.
Request system diagnostic information from customers
- While in a standard support session, click the Diagnostics icon in the Chat box or Viewer toolbars (or select Tools > Request System Information in the menu).
- When prompted, the customer can do the following:
- Click OK to allow GoToAssist to send the representative their system information.
- Click Cancel to deny the request for diagnostic information.
- Click View to review the information; then click either Send Information to authorize sending the information, Copy to Clipboard to keep a copy of the information for further analysis or Close to deny sending the information.
- If the customer allows the information request, then the Remote Diagnostics window will open on the representative's screen. They can use it to do the following:
- Click the categories in the left-navigation to view the various system information.
- Right-click an item and click Copy to clipboard to copy the selection as text.
- Click the Refresh button to update the listed information.
- Click the Copy button to copy all information as text or XML.
- Click the Save button to save all information as text or XML.