Join a Web and Queue Mode Session
The process of starting (and joining) a support session varies depending on your account's mode configuration. Web Mode and Queue Mode support sessions must be initiated by customers who submit requests or queries via the customer portal.
- Customers can submit a request or query via a Web Mode or Queue Mode customer portal (e.g., SmartMatch™, SmartBox™ or SmartButton™).
- You (and any other representatives, depending on the portal type) will be notified of the incoming customer request via an Alert window. You can then establish a support session with the customer in either of the following ways:
- Reply to queries via the Alert window
When a new Alert pop-up appears, click Yes to establish the connection. If the Alert pop-up disappears before you can click Yes, see Reply to queries via the Incoming Queries pane.
- Reply to queries via the Incoming Queries pane
New queries also appear in the Incoming Queries section of the List View window. Double-click a query to relaunch the Alert pop-up, then click Yes to establish the connection.
Note: Only representatives who are logged in to HelpAlert and whose status is " Available" will receive query alerts. Settings for alert pop-up windows and notifications sounds can be configured under Alerts preferences.
- The GoToAssist Corporate Customer application will be downloaded onto the customer's computer (if not already pre-installed) and launch the customer directly into session. See Features Overview to learn about what you can do once you're in a support session.
Note: If you reply to another query while in a session, the second query is either queued for you or, if you are configured to handle multiple sessions, the customer is joined with you.