Remote Printing stopped working. What should I do?
You have the following options to troubleshoot remote printing: confirm that local printing works, clear the print spooler, or reinstall the printer driver,
Remote printing does not work.
Confirm that local printing works
- Open a document directly on your client computer.
- Test printing directly from the client computer to the client printer.
- If printing works, proceed to the next section.
Note: If printing did not work, contact the manufacturer of your printer for further instructions.
Confirm that the printer is listed
- Launch Remote Control and open the Devices and Printers list on the host computer. The printer should be listed as <printer name> via LogMeIn.
Note: On Windows 10 computers, open Printers & scanners.
- Right-click anywhere in an empty space in this folder and choose . It may take a few minutes to display the mapped printer.
If the printer is stuck, clear the print spooler
Launch Remote Control and open the Devices and Printers list on the host computer. If your printer ("printername" via LogMeIn) has a document stuck in the queue or status Deleting on a Windows PC: you should clear the print spooler, as follows:
- On the host, open the Run window by pressing the Windows logo key + R.
- In the Run window, type services.msc. The Services window is displayed.
- Right-click Print Spooler and select Stop.
- Open the Run window again and type spool.
- Open the PRINTERS folder and delete all files in the folder.
- Return to the Services window, right-click Print Spooler, and select Start.
- Return to LogMeIn.com and connect to the host with Remote Control.
- Once reconnected, click Options on the remote control toolbar (the black ribbon at the top of the screen during remote control).
- Click Remote Printing, clear the check mark next to the printer, wait a few seconds, and check it again.
Reinstall the Remote Printer drivers
- When taking remote control of a host, on the Remote Control toolbar, click Options.
- Under Remote Printing, clear any selected printers.
- On the host computer, open the LogMeIn Control Panel.
- Click the Options tab, click Preferences.
- On the Advanced tab, click Reinstall printer driver.
- Click OK.
Article last updated: 27 September, 2022